- 1 1. What is Waste Ink Pad
- 2 2. Importance of waste ink pad
- 3 3. Waste Ink Counter overflow
- 4 4. How To Reset Epson XP-950 By WIC reset utility
- 5 5. Buy Printer Reset Keys Now
1. What is Waste Ink Pad
Inside Epson XP-950 inkjet printers have a pad containing sponge for absorbing and collecting waste inks. It is called waste ink pad.
2. Importance of waste ink pad
Inside Epson inkjet printers have a pad containing sponge for absorbing and collecting waste inks. It is called waste ink pad.
In the initial setup of the printer, printhead cleaning, nozzle check and when printing borderless photographs, the printer will waste a lot of ink. Amount of waste ink is collected by waste ink pads.
So after a while, waste ink pad could not absorb ink anymore because It’s too full then it can be overflowed and the ink will leak out of printer from the bottom.
Have a EEProm do the mission stores how much ink flow to waste ink pad. The value is called “Protection Counter” or “Waste Ink Counter”. However, the actually EEProm counts the number of pages printed, not the amount of waste ink .
When waste ink counter is full. Not only ink will leaking outside the printer but also printer will stop working.
So you have to RESET the Waste Ink Counter. You can reset by Waste Ink Counter reset ultility (WIC reset ultility). However you need to buy keys to use this software. Click “Add to cart” to pay it.
3. Waste Ink Counter overflow
These two lights blinks alternately, there is no sign of stopping.
Display error on the printer’s LCD screen (if it has)
If on the LCD of Epson XP-950 printer will display: “A printer’s ink pad is at the end of its service life. Please contact Epson Support.” and printer does not work then Waste Ink Counter overflowed.
Epson Status Monitor tools will be show “Service required”:
The printer does not print and display on screen of computer error message: “A printer’s ink pads is at the end of its service life. Please contact Epson Support”
In addition, also on the computer will display the following error message
– Near End Service Life or End Of Service Life.
– Waste Ink Pad Counter Overflow Error.
– Parts Inside Near End Service Life or Parts Inside End Of Service Life.
Use to WICreset software to check “Read waste pad counter”
Full counter is 100%. Overflow means that counters values are more then 100%. Just click “Read waste pad counter” button to check.
– 100.xx% This Counter Has Reached Maximum And Will Need Reset Before The Printer Can Used Again.
– 100.xx% This Counter Has Reached Its Limit And Need To Be Reset. Ink Pads Are Full.
4. How To Reset Epson XP-950 By WIC reset utility
1. Download latest WIC version V5.0.20 release date is 20/05/2017 (available for Windows, MAC OS, Linux).
– WIC Software For Windows: Free Download Link
– WIC Software For MAC: Free Download Link
2. Connect Epson XP-950 that you need to reset by USB to your PC. Disconnect all other printers.
3. Cancel all the printer jobs and turn off then on the printer.
4. Run WIC Reset Utility.
5. Click the Read Waste Counters button to check before perform a reset Waste Ink Counter.
6. Counters values are more then 100%. Let’s start to reset Waste Ink Counter by WIC software ultility. Click Reset Waste counters button.
7. Enter key reset then click OK button to reset the printer.
8. WIC software will request turn off then on Epson XP-950 printer to complete the process reset waste ink pad counter.
9. Epson XP-950 printer Waste ink reset counter successful. Please, turn off then on the printer and check result.
10. Check waste ink pad counter after reset.